July 1 2019
By Dr Squirrel Main
Knowing how to take your evaluation data and employ it to learn, reflect and grow closer to your mission is the most crucial – and often most difficult – part of any evaluation plan.
In this webinar Culture Counts' Alison Lasek is joined by The Ian Potter Foundation's Research and Evaluation Manager Squirrel Main to discuss how arts organisations can use data to celebrate every success and make informed decisions.
The webinar covers:
• Setting up your organisation for successful evidence-based decision making
• Taking time to reflect and understand why this is important
• Building internal capacity for evaluation within your organisation
• Using comparative data to highlight areas of improvement
• Becoming a listening organisation and strategies for when it all goes wrong
• Ensuring you are asking the right questions
• Sharing and reflecting so the sector can learn.
During the 30-minute webinar, Dr Main provides examples of learnings from the Foundation's past grantee that illustrate the importance of having an evaluation strategy. Throughout their discussion, Dr Main and Alison Lasek demonstrate how arts organisations can use data effectively to make meaningful changes bringing them closer to achieving their mission.